Android Engineer (Firmware)
🖥 About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Android Engineer with experience building open-source Android firmware to join our growing app design & development agency. You’ll work with our Clients, Designers, Project Managers, and other Engineers to create cutting-edge codebases for our client’s diverse connected hardware solutions.
The people who thrive in this position can switch modes easily between solo efforts and team projects and can overcome a wide array of coding challenges. They're proficient in frontend and backend technologies. They enjoy the rigor of producing high-quality code that’s at the forefront of industry innovation. They’re thorough, detail-oriented, and take pride in their work. We are these things, too.
- Gather requirements and design technical solutions
- Work with hardware vendors to build firmware atop their platforms
- Create, modify, and test high-quality code
- Collaborate closely with project managers, designers, developers, and strategists
- Take ownership of the projects you’re assigned
🔑 Key Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience with Java or Kotlin, Android Studio, Android SDK, & Android Tools
- Experience building firmware on open-source Android
- Proven history of developing native mobile applications preferably used by the general public
- Familiarity with standard professional tools such as SVN or Git.
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges and issues both verbally and written.
- Ability to pro-actively manage your time to ensure you’re maximizing your productivity for our clients
✨ Bonus Qualifications
- Familiarity with integrating 3rd party libraries such as Facebook, Firebase, and Mixpanel SDKs
- Experience with other platforms such as iOS and Hybrid Apps (React Native, Flutter, etc.)
💚 Equal Opportunity Employer
Rapptr Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.