About the Role
We’re a fast-growing app design & development agency headquartered in downtown Jersey City across the river from Lower Manhattan. We're looking for Product Managers with strong technical backgrounds who can rally teams of engineers and designers to drive the development of great products.
In this role, you’ll sit at the intersection of business, tech & design. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and deep domain knowledge in the software development space. You’re passionate about the digital space, creative work and developing amazing digital products.
Who You Are
- You’re a strategic product thinker who considers problems from multiple angles. Given a clear goal and a defined set of user problems, you take many inputs -- including user research, quantitative data, business priorities, time and budget constraints, technical feasibility, and more -- to define and prioritize product features.
- You’re able to execute and deliver results. You’re always up to date on the status of the work and know what’s coming next. You keep your team focused and productive, identify blockers, and adjust plans in order to achieve the goal. You know how to escalate when a project is going off track.
- You’re strong at stakeholder management. You understand your client's motivations and needs.You build trust with stakeholders by properly advocating for the client and for your team.
- Your communication skills are top notch. You’re able to deliver the right message with the right level of detail to the right audience. You can translate business and user needs into technical requirements and vice versa and share them with clients, designers, and engineers alike. You document goals, objectives, and decisions so that your team and the client stay on the same page.
- You thrive on cross-discipline collaboration. Great products are built by multi-faceted teams. You build strong relationships with your design and engineering counterparts. You rely on the expertise of your teammates to deliver the best product.
What You'll Be Doing
- Support Senior Product Managers with their products by coordinating bugs and maintenance requirements
- Communicating regularly with clients to ensure their continued happiness.
- Working with client stakeholders and users to ensure each product effort is well defined and well built.
- Leading the design, technical development, and launch of innovative products.
- Prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules with our team of engineers and product designers and the client.
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback.
- Complete high level product testing, in support of the QA team, to ensure the definition of “done” is achieved during development.
- Shipping products that reach millions of users around the world.
- Undergrad degree in business, engineering, computer science, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience in software as a product owner, business analyst, product manager or software engineer.
- Experience with Agile software development / Scrum methodology
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Familiarity with the mobile & web application ecosystem