Backend Engineer Apprenticeship
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Backend Engineer to join our growing app design & development agency.
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute code to a number of successful live Node.js/GraphQL backends that support our clients' web and mobile applications across interesting industries like scooter-sharing services, meditation applications, and rental apps.
The people who thrive in this position can also switch modes easily between solo efforts and team projects, and can overcome a wide array of coding challenges. They enjoy the rigor of producing high quality code that’s at the forefront of industry innovation. They’re thorough, detail-oriented, and take pride in their work. We are these things, too.
- Gather requirements and collaborate with key internal & Client stakeholders to determine how to design scalable backend systems and APIs that meet our Client's needs
- Create, modify, and test high-quality code
- Collaborate closely with project managers, designers, developers, and strategists
- Take ownership of the projects you’re assigned
- Experience with Node.js/GraphQL
- Understand RESTful API concepts and development.
- Familiarity with standard professional tools such as Git.
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges and issues both verbally and written.
- Ability to pro-actively manage your time to ensure you’re maximizing your productivity for our clients
- Experience with Prisma ORM or knowledge of ORMs in general
- Experience with integrating popular services, such as Twilio, SendGrid, Timekit, etc
- Familiarity with AWS components (S3, EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, ELB, Athena, Sagemaker a plus)
- Use of AWS components to implement Cloud-based solutions
- Experience with native or hybrid iOS & Android mobile app development
- Knowledge/Experience with PHP
- Experience with frontend web development, preferably React