Sr. Android Engineer
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Android Engineer to join our growing NYC-based app design & development agency. You’ll work with our Clients, Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to create cutting-edge codebases for our clients’ diverse native mobile applications.
The people who thrive in this position can switch modes easily between solo efforts and team projects, and can overcome a wide array of coding challenges. They're proficient in frontend and backend technologies. They enjoy the rigor of producing high quality code that’s at the forefront of industry innovation. They’re thorough, detail-oriented, and take pride in their work. We are these things, too.
- Gather requirements and design technical solutions
- Create, modify, and test high-quality code
- Collaborate closely with project managers, designers, developers, and strategists
- Take ownership of the projects you’re assigned
- 2+ years professional experience with Java or Kotlin, Android Studio, Android SDK, & Android Tools
- Proven history of developing native mobile applications preferably used by the general public
- Familiarity with standard professional tools such as SVN or Git.
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges and issues both verbally and written.
- Ability to pro-actively manage your time to ensure you’re maximizing your productivity for our clients
- Familiarity with integrating 3rd party libraries such as the Facebook SDK
- Experience with other platforms such as iOS and Hybrid Apps (React Native, Flutter, etc.)