Sr. UX Designer
- Full Time
- Mid Level
About the Role
We’re a fast-growing app design & development agency headquartered in downtown Jersey City across the river from Lower Manhattan. We're looking for a talented, multi-disciplinary, and creative Sr. UX Designer to join our team.
To be successful in this role, you will have a keen and skilled ability to create compelling user-centric designs, while balancing the wider business needs. You can switch modes easily between solo efforts and team projects and seek a wide array of design-thinking challenges. You'll work collaboratively with other leaders across the company to create an environment where the value of product design and research is understood by all—where thoughtful, intuitive, well-crafted product design can thrive.
- Stay 100% focused on making great digital products - that’s all we care about!
- Participating in user research initiatives and employing design thinking methodologies to drive UX strategy and create human-centered solutions.
- Participating in collaborative team workshops to explore and define product vision that balances customer needs with business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility.
- Creating high-quality design deliverables including concepts, market research, user personas, user journeys, wireframes, user flows, clickable prototypes, etc.
- Advocating for design best practices and processes for internal adoption
- 5+ years of professional experience w/ at least 2+ years experience working directly with clients.
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UX work across both mobile and web, including some prototypes
- Mastery of standard professional tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, and Figma.
- Long term client relationship development experience
- Successfully manages time, process, and workflow
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with prototyping tools