Android Engineer Apprenticeship
- Jersey City, NJ
- Full Time
- Student (College)
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Android Engineer Apprentice to join our growing app design & development agency. You’ll work with our Clients, Designers, Product Managers, and other Engineers to create cutting-edge codebases for our clients’ diverse native mobile applications.
For an apprentice, we are looking for people who are hungry to learn. Apprentices will work closely with our senior developers and use industry-standard software like Jira, AWS, Basecamp, Slack, etc. Interns will work closely with their managers, collaborating cross-functionally across teams as necessary.
It is a paid full-time position at Rapptr and includes benefits. We work hard to ensure that we only accept people that we believe will be successful as an apprentice and will be promoted to an Android Engineer.
As the Android Engineering Apprentice you will:
• Contribute to large existing code bases of apps that have hundreds of thousands of users.
• Build new features in a wide array of mobile apps.
• Gain experience with technologies such as Firebase, GraphQL, Apollo, Revenue Cat, and much more.
• Participate in our sprints, which include planning, standups, and retrospectives.
- Work closely with senior-level developers.
- Create, modify, and test high-quality code
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers, engineers, and QA testers
- Take ownership of the tasks you are assigned.
- 0-2 years experience with Kotlin or Java, Android Studio, Android SDK, & Android Tools.
- Familiarity with Github.
- Ability to effectively communicate challenges and issues both verbally and written.
- Ability to pro-actively manage your time to ensure you’re maximizing your productivity for our clients.
- Knowledge of Kotlin! We are all in on Kotlin!