About the Role
Rapptr Labs is looking for a talented product designer to join our growing app design and development agency. As part of our design team, you’ll work with our clients, designers, product managers, and engineers in an end-to-end ecosystem to craft cutting-edge mobile app and desktop web products.
We are looking for candidates who are thoughtful and collaborative in their approach to problem solving, are great communicators, are open-minded, and who understand that research, feedback, and iteration drive the entire design process. Equally important to the role, ideal candidates will be highly detail-oriented, be consistent in their ability to produce high quality designs, be receptive to feedback from product stakeholders, and will demonstrate complete ownership over their work.
The product designer will be working across a number of mobile app and web projects to develop user experiences, create wireframes, establish design systems and component libraries, develop brand guidelines, create high fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes for user testing, revise designs based on stakeholder feedback, assemble handoff documentation for engineers, and support the company in smaller, day-to-day design requests. Understanding of user-centered design principles, the mobile app domain, and/or user experience/user interface (UX/UI) design are ideal.
This is a full-time, remote position with benefits included.
Please provide a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Work closely alongside senior designers on a number of mobile app (iOS and Android) and desktop web projects to design wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Present ideas effectively and consistently leverage design feedback from internal teams, clients, and stakeholders
- Collaborate with clients, designers, product managers, and engineers in an agile environment
Incorporate internal and client feedback in the production of high-quality design deliverables
- Conduct design research in order to advocate for the best user experience of new and existing products
- Approach design problems with a willingness to push creative limits in a way that surprises, challenges, and engages users in innovative and delightful ways
- 2+ years of experience in product design for mobile/web (BA/BS, equivalent working experience, etc.)
- Mastery of standard professional tools such as Figma (we use this every day!) and Adobe CC (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Understanding of underlying technologies (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Portfolio of thoughtful, highly-polished user interfaces for iOS, Android, and/or web
- Experience as a designer on a shipped mobile and/or web application
- Experience working in an agile environment, startup, and/or agency setting
- Experience in branding, illustration, or motion graphics