Sr. UI Designer
- Jersey City, NJ
- Full Time
- Mid Level
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Sr. UI Designer to join our growing app design & development agency. You’ll work with our Clients, Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to craft cutting-edge user interfaces & brand identity systems for our clients’ diverse digital products.
The people who thrive in this position can switch modes easily between solo efforts and team projects, and seek a wide array of design-thinking challenges. They enjoy the rigor of producing high quality designs, know that feedback drives the process, and enjoy the challenge of building a design-centered culture. They’re thoughtful, open minded, and future-thinking. We are these things, too.
The best candidate for this position possesses a solid understanding of user-centered design principles and excellent visual design skills. They have a desire to thoroughly research design problems, and craft user interface solutions that surprise, challenge, and engage users in innovative and delighting ways.
- Produce high-quality user interfaces and visual designs – from concept to execution
- Create brand identity systems including logos and style guides
- Collaborate closely with project managers, designers, developers, and strategists
- Present ideas effectively and consistently leverage design feedback from clients and stakeholders
- Push your creative limits, challenge established thinking, advocate for users, and discover new ways of approaching a problem
- 3+ years of professional experience designing UI for mobile and/or web
- BA/BS or higher in visual design program or equivalent experience.
- Mastery of standard professional tools such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc.), Sketch, and inDesign
- Understanding of underlying technologies (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Portfolio of beautiful user interfaces for iOS and Android applications
- Experience as a designer on a shipped web and/or mobile application
- Ability to create animations and motion graphics
- Frontend coding knowledge
- Experience working in an agile environment